The Super Bowl is an exciting event. I will be watching the game this Sunday, along with around 114 million people. As a native Kansan, I’ll be cheering on my beloved Chiefs. Whether you are hosting a party or simply attending one, it’s important to have a plan ahead of time that prevents drunk driving. We already know drunk driving is dangerous. 28 people die from an alcohol related crash in the US every day.
- Be responsible when drinking alcohol. Know your limits and be watchful of what your friends are consuming as well.
- Have a designated driver or use ride sharing services. Decide how you are going to get home before you start drinking.
- If you’re throwing the party serve non-nonalcoholic drinks. It’s a good idea to have food options as well. Don’t forget the wings!
- If you’re hosting – Stop serving alcohol a few hours before the end of the party. Start serving coffee and dessert.
- If you see someone you think may be driving drunk, keep a distance and call 9-1-1.
Follow these tips and you’re sure to have a great super bowl party. Together we can keep each other safe.